Monday, 19 November 2018

Oh Captain! My Captain!

This morning we were inspired by the poems of Walt Whitman.
We talked about how we have changed as people and tried to write from our hearts.

Isla
Oh captain, my captain
A song has been sung
As time stands still
Silence fills the air.

Oh captain, my captain
Please let me escape
My soul is eternally haunted
By the burden of death.

Oh captain, my captain
My chains have been released
My heart has been changed
Why cry for a soul set free?


Jack
Oh captain! My captain!
I long to be free,
Anger overcomes me,
My control imprisoned behind daunting bars.

Oh captain! My captain!
It's hard for me to change,
I have been fighting hard,
As the last light flickers.

Oh captain! My captain!
As I live and breathe,
I have faced my fears,
Liberty is here
I have won!


Hugo
Oh captain! My captain!
May the patriotic liberty bring death to imprisonment
And peace to the waving mass of life.

Oh captain! My captain!
May the strength of masses be with you,
Guiding you through the darkness,
Setting free your soul.


Ella
Oh captain! My captain! I wish they would notice me,
For I wish to leave these forlorn lands
And let my voice be heard.

Oh captain! My captain! I will be heard I know
I will step into the lands of leaders,
I will be heard I know.

Oh captain! My captain! My boat has landed
I am in liberty and light
May my stronger voice be heard.


Sitara
Oh captain! My captain!
Help me find my confidence
Let me be free
Give me a voice.

Oh captain! My captain!
Let me have a choice
Fill my life with happiness
Then I will be free.

Oh captain! My captain!
I now have confidence
Liberty envelopes me
You have given me freedom.


Arthur
Oh captain! My captain! My words come out silent
How can I thrive if I'm kept in a cage of domination?
My soul cannot escape if this sadness rules the world.

Oh captain! My captain! The window, the window
The window of hope in this dungeon of imprisonment
Talons of misery thrashing at me
Though silenced by my scars of hope.

Oh captain! My captain! The bars have been bent
The realm is now open to liberty
While I am wandering over the mountains of tranquility.


Isaac
Oh captain! My captain!
I want to be noticed
Because I need to be heard
I have stuff to say
But I'm not to be heard
I'll be captain some day.

Oh captain! My captain!
I'm battling for liberty
As you can see
My soul is imprisoned with a hidden key
I'm free, I'm free, I'm finally free
I won the battle as you can see.


No comments:

Post a Comment