Tuesday, 22 May 2018

Food Chains and Food Webs


Image result for food web examples
This afternoon we watched a video and then split into groups with a range of pictures of plants and creatures. The students had to negotiate and use scientific language to justify the food chains and food webs they created. The group's spokesperson then needed to report back to the class. Check out the wonderful language used in the videos below.










What an exciting afternoon of learning - we were particularly impressed with the language used, the knowledge gained, and the quality discussions. Awesome team!

8 comments:

  1. It was confusing at times but i had so much fun!♻️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a lot of fun! I think your team was right to suggest that the shrew would eat the bird. They can be very shrewd creatures!!!

      Delete
  2. I had loads for fun making food chains and food webs.
    I didn't know that there were food webs until today
    and thanks Hugo for helping me out with the word I
    forgot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked all the new scientific language I didn't know some of the words. :)

    ReplyDelete