Wednesday, 6 June 2018

Whanaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga, Manaakitanga

This afternoon we were talking about the words above and what they mean to us - words like guardianship, relationships and hospitality.

Grace, being our history buff, told us about the Christmas Day truce in World War 1 where the British and Germans played a game of football. We watched this short clip.

We had yet more amazing discussions and we were blown away by the insights of these students.

Image result for whanaungatanga

Image result for Kaitiakitanga

Image result for Manaakitanga

12 comments:

  1. I think in life Whanaungatanga, Kaitiakitanga and Manaakitanga are so important

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guardian is my sister and my grandmother even tho I also have godparents

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was interesting to learn what the words meant to others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so close to getting a house :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed learning Manaakitanga,kaitiakitanga,whanaungatanga. It was fun learning that the Germans and British played a game of soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really enjoyed talking about ww1 and how they had a truce and played soccer

    ReplyDelete
  7. also my guardians are my family and my baby sitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. my cousin is my guardian

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really like doing history on fridays

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cousin is my guardian because she’s really nice to me pretects me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved learning about the black plagg

    ReplyDelete