Tuesday, 5 June 2018

Discussions, discussions, discussions

This afternoon we had some fabulous discussions! We began by looking at our ability to apply for a mortgage on Banqer to buy a house. We then talked about types of insurance and why we might need this.

Image result for insurance

We then talked about our own Heathcote River and the reasons that this is such a polluted river. We are trying to find out how we adopt part of this river. We had so many people contribute it was fantastic!

Image result for heathcote river pollution

Then Arthur told us about the sustainable house his family is building!

What exciting, authentic learning.

Image result for authentic learning

24 comments:

  1. Our discussions this afternoon were very interesting. I hope to get a house soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so fun learning about the rivers around christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  3. cant wait to learn more fun things tomore at school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arthur’s house sounds so awesome and sustainable! It will be so cool whe it’s built

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope no more disasters happen to people’s houses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ella, it was interesting seeing all the rivers you could and couldn't swim & didn't know the heathcote started before that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to get a house soon AND insure it .

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very sad to see our closest river so polluted .But wow can do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was really interesting learning about insurance and morgages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The discussions our pod has are incredible we have so many amazing people who bring as little as a cheery smile to so muck knowledge I love the we value each other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so much fun learning in our pod I can not wait for more fun sorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds really cool to live in a house like Arthurs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so funny when Miss Saxon made the disaster happen on banqer. Me, Sitara and Ella were laughing because Sienna didn't want her house to be..... DESTROYED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vasilisa (My sister) told me about the catastrophe on banqer and that Sienna was so scared her house would get destroyed. I was kind of laughing my head off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed learning about mortgages and insurance on banner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that I will be able to buy a house on banqer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need 5 thousand more banger dollars$ to get another house on banqer, i'm try to my sister's record of 5

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looked like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looked like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cant believe how brown and polluted it looks but its good that we can do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I reacen we need to have all swimable rivers in christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope we can do something about the water

    ReplyDelete
  23. We need to stop ardering plastic so we don’t pollute the air to much

    ReplyDelete
  24. The water looks so yucky and black

    ReplyDelete